Wednesday, February 2, 2011

After "work" drinks and snacks

Well, I didn't end up going to work today due to the weather.  Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure that the snow yesterday was worse than today... but apparently its pretty icy out there.


So, to compensate, I've been working from home all day.  Catching up on a TON of writing and documentation.  Not too shabby actually.


As a "post-work" snack, I made myself a little cheese plate and poured a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.  I know, I know, you're thinking, "Sauv Blanc in the winter?  In a massive ICE STORM?"  Yes.  I don't know why, I was just in the mood for something crisp.  Can't a girl have a craving once in awhile?


The drink: 2009 Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc - $11.99


Tasting notes (via the internet, puh-lease, I'm not THAT good at these): 
"Inviting citrus, pineapple aroma that lingers seductively. A full, round, refreshing mouthful of grapefruit and figs. This wine is creamy and rich while being crisp and complex. A great wine to pair with spicy Asian fare, raw oysters, seafood and cheese"
The snack:
Mixed olives
Aged Gruyere
Gorgonzola drizzled with honey




Ladies, I HIGHLY recommend you pamper yourselves like this more often.  I'm feeling so good that I might actually continue to do work for another couple of hours.  Crazy, I know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What time shall I be over, you are a girl after my own heart. My favorite type of wine and a nice smothered cheese place..heaven