Thursday, January 27, 2011

2 Year Anniversary - Cabernet Sauvignon

So, I have to apologize for not posting anything in MONTHS.  I really have no good excuse so I won't bother making one up.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to do a better job posting regularly, even if I have nothing good to say.  Yeah, you're excited about that one, eh?

This month we got together to taste Cabernet Sauvignon from either California or Australia, hoping to learn the real role of terroir on the flavor of the same varietal.

I'll have more details about the wines soon, but overall we decided that California Cab Sauv's are significantly more dry and tannic than those from Australia.  Not in a bad way, just a noticeable way.

We had a great food spread:
Date, Walnut and Blue Cheese Ball
Cauliflower "Caviar" with Frizzled Proscuitto
Caprese Salad Skewers
Mini-Quiches (cheese, spinach, and mushroom)
Tzatziki dip with carrots and celery
Baguette slices

Cheeses: Aged Gouda, Aged Cheddar, and a Cave-aged Blue

Desserts: Chocolate Cake from Modern Pastry and chocolate fondue with pineapples, strawberries and blueberries

I'm more than a little ashamed that I remember more about the food than the wine... OH THE HORROR!

No comments: